Re: Relabel partition didn't work

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 18:17:59 +0200, Joe Hart wrote:

> Mike Bird wrote:
> > On Thursday 05 April 2007 05:23, Joe Hart wrote:
> >> What in the world is e2label?  It doesn't show up in my search.  What is
> >> it today, national "People from other distros" day?
> >
> > That would be a big negative ten four good buddy:
> >
> > $ dpkg -S e2label
> > e2fsprogs: /usr/share/man/man8/e2label.8.gz
> > e2fsprogs: /sbin/e2label
> > $
> >
> > --Mike Bird
> >

> Yeah, which repo is it in?  It doesn't show up in anything I have.
>
> apt-cache shows zilch.
>
> Can you show me you're apt-cache show e2label?

That comes up empty for me. The package description of e2fsprogs does
not contain a list of all included commands, therefore apt-cache cannot
find them.

Apt-file is the tool of choice in such cases:

$ apt-file search e2label
e2fsprogs: sbin/e2label
e2fsprogs: usr/share/man/man8/e2label.8.gz

[ rest of output snipped ]

--
Regards,
          Florian