Re: Newbie Question - KDE-Gnome-xfce

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 01:38:13PM +0200, Joe Hart wrote:
> >> Why Gnome is the Default Desktop for Distributions like Ubuntu/Debian,
> >> RedHat/CentOS/Fedora and OpenSuse?
> >
> > Because Gnome is superior, of course.  :-)
> >
> Flamebait!  Oh now, now we're going to get a flamewar over which DE is
> best.  Just what we need.

Desktop environment:
	A constant 22 C while I type at the command line.

Eye Candy:
	Typing on the command line:
		setterm -background green -foreground red -store

Mouse:
	Device whose job it is to pull your hand from the home keys.

Minimal command line interface:
	no monitor, no graphics card, no terminal, just a
	dot matrix printer and a keyboard.
		Yup, did that once when I _really_ needed to fix
		something.  Yae Ed!

:)

Doug.