Newbie Question - KDE-Gnome-xfce

I have only had Debian up and going for about two weeks. Had Sarge installed
but had problems with my USB hardware so just did a clean install of Etch.
Works great!! Since I am a new user I don't have a favorite windowing system
that I prefer and was wondering if someone to point me to a good link that
would describe the strengths and weaknesses or pros and cons of each system.
KDE installed as default with Sarge and Etch so I assume they chose that for
a reason and it is the only one I have used. I have looked but haven't been
able to find a good comparison them.

Thanks,
Randy