Re: Simplest way to reconstruct /etc/rc?.d

While I understand it's not ideal, this does seem to have done the trick. I used:

for i in `ls`
do
update-rc.d $i defaults
done

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl