IMAP / PHP5 problem

Hi All

I have an issue with imap emailing with attachments on a debian server with php5. If i attach a file (pdf usually) that was created on the server to the email, it always gets to the recipient as being an empty attachment (ie file name and type is correct, file size is 0kb). If i ftp the attachment off the server to my windows machine and use the web interface email to attach and send it, i get the same result

However, if i download the pdf file through http onto my windows server and then attach it, it works fine.

Just wondering if anyone knows why this would be, as i cant figure out how to attach the files that are on the server to emails being sent by the server. Im using courier imap

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Will