Re: IDE to USB Adapter

> > My new Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter is not being recognized under
> > etch
>
> Check the output of dmesg for any messages about usb-storage.

Thanks for the idea.  I powered up the device and plugged it all in, and
then rebooted my machine.  Following is the output of "dmesg |grep -i usb".
I'm not learning anything from that output, but maybe someone else can:

usbcore: registered new driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new driver hub
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0b.1: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0b.1: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00, driver 10 Dec 2004
usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
ohci_hcd: 2005 April 22 USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver (PCI)
ohci_hcd 0000:00:0b.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
usb usb2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
usb 1-7: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
usb-storage: device found at 2
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
usb-storage: device scan complete