No mic and no line-in under Intel D975XBX2 (BadAxe II) mobo

Hi. Recently I built a desktop with etch. A Intel Core 2 Duo with a
Intel D975XBX2 (BadAxe II) mobo.

I was amazed how things got recognized well at first time. SATA
controler, mainboard NIC... Everything appears to be working great until
I tried to capture some sound from an output using line-in.

It is dead whatever different config options I use. Then I tried to use
Mic, same thing.

A lsmod | grep snd shows

snd_hda_intel          23708  2
snd_hda_codec         184192  1 snd_hda_intel
snd_pcm_oss            48672  1
snd_mixer_oss          21888  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                89096  3 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer              29192  1 snd_pcm
snd                    65256  8
snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore              15392  2 snd
snd_page_alloc         14864  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm

An lspci -vvv shows:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Unknown device 0419
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
        Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
Queue=0/0 Enable-
                Address: 0000000000000000  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [70] Express Unknown type IRQ 0
                Device: Supported: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0,
ExtTag-
                Device: Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
                Device: Errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal-
Unsupported-
                Device: RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
                Device: MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
                Link: Supported Speed unknown, Width x0, ASPM unknown,
Port 0
                Link: Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
                Link: ASPM Disabled CommClk- ExtSynch-
                Link: Speed unknown, Width x0

And alsamixer tells that chipset is a SigmaTel STAC9274D.

Under volume control I have:
For playback
	PCM
	Front
	Surround
	Center
	LFE
	Side

For capture
	InMux
	InVol

For Keys
	Line in as output
	IEC958
	ADCMux

For Options
	Input Source: Line

I did many searches but I'm in a dead end because is very confuse do
filter a problem for this driver, snd_hda_intel, it handles many
chipsets. And many people are having different problems.

Any idea?

TIA
Marcello.