Re: IDE to USB Adapter

On 4/4/07, Matt Miller <debian@mattmillersf.fastmail.fm> wrote:
My new Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter is not being recognized under
etch.  Or, maybe it is being recognized, and I'm just not seeing it.

Where would I look on my system for such a device?  This device plugs
into my USB port, and on the other end I plug in an IDE drive that I
want to work on.  The device provides it's own power to spin up the
drive, and from all the LED's that light up on the device, it looks to
be functioning.  However, I don't see the IDE drive when I do
"fdisk -l", and I don't see an entry for drive under /media.

Is there somewhere else I should look, or do you think this device is
not supported by etch?  I've tried the stock
2.6.18-4-amd64 kernel, but no luck.

Check the output of dmesg for any messages about usb-storage.

--
Kushal