Re: Etch: how to make own xen domU kernel ?

To be more precise,
link  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=382699
shows how to manually patch official debian kernel source with
official debian xen patches. One solution would be to build kernel
non-debian way afterwards.

Other solution is:
1. Follow the instructions from the linked page to prepare
linux-patch-debian package for xen
2. unpack kernel source
3. temporarily manually apply xen patches (for instance, run
/usr/src/kernel-patches/all/2.6.18/apply/xen)
4, run make menu config and enable Xen in configuration.
5. run make-kpkg --added-patches clean (that would unapply patches)
but is needed.
6. run make-kpkg --added-patches xen --config menuconfig kernel-image
(one can also add --initrd and --revision=somethig, per man make-kpkg)
That would give an oportunity to manualy configure additional
parameters in Xen kernel if needed.

That would scratch my itch,  which is to manualy configure and build xen kernel.
I believe it wold be possible to apply additional non-xen paches this
way (--added-patches)

2007/4/4, Andrew Malcolmson <andzy+comp.debuser@imap-mail.com>:
On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 11:08:38PM +0200, Predrag Gavrilovic wrote:
> Same thing is on my to-do list. I've managed to find this link:
> There's also a workaround that should make it possible to patch debian
> kernel for xen using linux-patch-debian-2.6.18, official debian
> package, and then use make-kpkg to build xen kernel.
> I suppose one could use make menu config between
> make-kpkg --added-patches xen clean
> and..
> make-kpkg --added-patches xen kernel-image
> Haven't tried myself, though.

Tried out your suggestion, but when doing the final make-kpkg on my Etch
system get the following error:

debian/ruleset/misc/patches.mk:104: *** Could not find patch for xen.
Stop.