Re: Get Dell D810 to See Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG -- Etch

Bruffey, Mark(mbruffey@centralseminary.edu) is reported to have said:
> OK, now the card is seen by iwconfig. Had to install the firmware as
> instructed, thanks.
>
> Not able to connect to WAP, however, so need a couple of pointers there.
> This system is set to connect by wire to my work LAN, so I think I need
> a separate config file for when I am at home.
>
> Home:
>
> Network name: lmark_wlan
> Band: 802.11g
> Op. Mode: Network (Infrastructure)
> Authentication Level: Open*
> Data Encryption: None
>
> *WAP denies all MAC addresses except those I permit manually. I'm
> assuming this is not an issue since I connect to this WAP with this
> laptop under M$ Window$ all the time.
>
> The WAP is configured as DHCP server. I'm assuming once the two start
> talking the rest will happen automatically?

Mark
A good reference for nearly _everything Debian_ can be found in the
debian-reference package.  I had a simular question recently and,
found the answer, and a lot more in there.

I'm rather embarassed that, after using Debian for 14 years, I had
never before really looked though it before.  Although not completely
up-to-date, it has a wealth of information and will save you a lot of
time finding answers to your problems.  As me how I know.  :-(

Wayne

--
There are never enough hours in a day, but always too many days
before Saturday.