Re: GPL v3?

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 22:26 -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> I just saw the headline (and read the article) on the draft for GPL v3
> that was released recently on http://www.sysadminmag.com.
>
> Since much of debian is covered under v2 but has the clause "or any
> later version", what implications does this have for debian?

Not necessarily an answer to your question, but I read that Linus
Torvalds is becoming a bit more open to the GPLv3 with some of the
latest iterations we've seen.

I'd certainly like to see the kernel go GPLv3...granted parts of the
kernel could go anyway without Linus' explicit blessing, but after all
the kernel is a flagship free software project...

Andrew