Re: Desktop user: Etch or the next testing?

Wei Chen wrote:
So I'd say that maybe Stable is really not for Desktop use. Testing is
the best choice because it is neither too dangerous nor too old.

After listening to the suggestions on the list, I have made my decision
that I shall first stick with Etch for a while and then upgrade to
Testing when I find it too old for me. Thanks. :)
I was in the exact same situation two years ago. Debian community was expecting the new stable release (Sarge), which eventually happened about half a year later. New to Debian, actually new to Linux, I figured it out that stable (Woody) had too old software, so I ended up installing and using Sarge. In between I "discovered" backports and so I stayed on Sarge up till one week ago, when after an unsuccessful attempt of running Sid, I installed Etch.

regards,
Mitja