Re: [ML ISSUE] reply-to field ?

galevsky@gmail.com wrote:

> I must admit that your solution is right. I suggested another way to
> do that, just by feeding the reply-to field to provide to the most the
> opportunity to handle the ML with a maximum of usability -simply by
> fixing the wrong reply addressee-  and allowing the users to
> sort/filter/search/browse this huge amount of information with the
> tool they used to. But you -not you in particular, maybe you too, but
> folks that answered me previously- don't like that solution. I don't
> know why and I tried to discuss about it before but since there was no
> debate, I can just imagine that there are good reasons. The best

The reasons for not munging are explained in the reply-to-harmful link
provided at least once in this thread.

The reason the debate is avoided is because it has been discussed
several times on this list with all possible arguments. By asking you
show you haven't searched the archives/the web before posting.

One other thing is that Debian will not do go against the standards
just because others do it.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)