Re: "Stale" jigdo files

On Fri March 30 2007 21:04, Clayborne Arevalo wrote:
> Please BCC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.
>
> I'm trying to download the DVD installer images for AMD64 via jigdo
> using the templates available at
> cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/etch_di_rc2/amd64/jigdo-cd/

I just built those DVD's for i386 and amd64 a few days ago and used both to
install. Everything went well.

> However I've found that the .jigdo files reference a number of .deb
> packages which are no longer available in any Debian mirror (because
> they have been superseded by packages with higher version numbers). Is
> there any way for me to update the partial image created by jigdo to
> the actual ISO image I can burn to DVD?

I would try another mirror for the remainder of those files. I've had good
luck with http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ in cases like that.

> (A net install is out of the question because of my unpredictable DSL
> connection. I really need to have the .deb files on a readily
> accessible medium before I begin my installation.)

Yep, I like to have the debs too, at least to get up and running.