Re: Woohooo! Dell + Linux

Jim Hyslop <jhyslop@dreampossible.ca> wrote:

> John Hasler wrote:
> > Linux will not be commonplace on [desk|lap]tops until major hardware
> > vendors ship it (not that I care all that much).

> attacks against Linux. Linux may be a much more robust and secure
> system than Windows, but there are probably still security holes
> lurking that nobody (at least, no honest person) has yet discovered
> and patched.

This is Microsoft FUD. Think about Apache, (by far) the most widely
used web server, but its resistance to attacks has not decreased.

In fact, having a large userbase can help find the problems faster. The
willingness to fix them and actually applying the patch (which is in
the hands of the users) is what really counts.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)