Re: Bread (was Re: Woohooo! Dell + Linux)

I'll go out on a short limb and say that more than 95% of the stuff Aldi
carries that has direct "brand-name" equivalents, is better tasting...
This reminds me of restaurants. I like the small, family food ones 10 times better than the expensive ones. I prefer tasty food over fancy food that tastes like crap.

This also reminds me of when I tried to convince my friend that there are good digital cameras outside Sony. Nothing could change his mind. Not the fact that there are a lot of famous digital camera brands besides Sony. Not my observations that Sony does not even have a good quality record, such as keeping their products from exploding.  Not the fact that everithing in a Sony produt is non-standard* and the Sony parts cost you an arm and a leg. . He (and many other friends of mine) would only accept Sony.

* Once I bought a pair of rechargeable batteries from a friend of mine. They wouldn't work. At first I thought it was the recharger (which was low quality), and I tried again. Then with a better recharger. I eventually gave up and put the batteries away. One year later, I looked at the batteries and realized why they did not work.
They were Sony batteries. Of course they couldn't make a standard battery and actually compete on price/quality.
So the battery voltage was 1.2v, even though the battery looked exactly like a standard AA battery.
 W. T.  F.

--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free.