Re: CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND=y, ACPI, and uswsusp

Nick Lidakis(nlidakis@verizon.net) is reported to have said:
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >>No. It is not. That's why I went to the trouble of downloading 2.6.20 from
> >>kernel.org. These are my options in either kernel:

<snip>
> I considered high memory having an effect on this issue; I did have it
> enabled since my machine has 2 gigs of ram. Disabling the 4 gig option
> has no effect.
>
> Anybody else have any other suggestions?

Last try

1.  cd /usr/src/linux
less .config

Post the section starting with
#
# Power management options (ACPI, APM)
#

2.  Tell us what kernel source you are using.
ie dpkg -l linux-kernel |grep ^i

3. aptitude install linux-kernel-{whatever version you want} from
{whichever dist you are using}

Please reconfigure your Icedove mail headers.  You don't need to send
two copies of your mail to the list.  The Cc: is not necessaty.

Wayne

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source