Re: ati propriety drivers + etch = floating point exception in various programs

Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 21:46 +0200, Joe Hart wrote:
Excuse me, he said Etch, not Sid and installing something from
experimental in Etch is almost sure to cause problems.

From his post, "Today I installed sid to check whether that bug was solved but
        no luck."

At the moment, experimental is more of a waiting ground for packages not
intended for etch, and anyway, installing a few carefully selected
packages from experimental is not dangerous.
I did recommend Xorg 7.2 (the one in experimental) because the radeon
has seen quite a lot of development, especially for r300 (used for the
rv350 cards also I think) and might have fixed whatever problems he had.

http://packages.debian.org/testing/x11/xserver-xorg-video-ati
http://x.europnews.de/pub/X11R7.2/src/driver/

As You can see from these links, Etch ati driver is at 7.2. 3D accelleration works, but not sure about TV out, try googling a little.