Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On 26 Mar, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 05:10:19AM +0000, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>>
>> ..anything on "international courts" or "the 4 Geneva Conventions"?
>>
> Nope.  What I find interesting is that you claimed that Bush issued
> some executive allowing him to "evade" war crimes prosecution (or some
> such nonsense).  Then, when I present you with a list of *all* the
> executive orders published, there is no such thing and you effectively
> claim that they are trying to hide it.  Why don't you point us to this
> mythical executive order?
>

> [SNIP]

     He's probably referring to the executive order signed on 7 Feb,
2002.  In it, W claims the authority to set aside the Geneva conventions
for Taliban and al-Quaeda prisoners, thereby allowing them to be
tortured and/or mistreated in other ways.  The legal justification for
this order is somewhat dubious.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                      judd@wadsworth.org   |