Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 04:43:06PM -1000, Al Eridani wrote:
> On 3/4/07, Freddy Freeloader <fredddy@cableone.net> wrote:
>
> >What does your personal internal paradigm have to do with how we
> >Americans think our government should act, and what we perceive to be
> >the best form of government for ourselves?
>
> So you are saying that only you, gold citizens of the almighty US, has
> the right to express an opinion. Because I don't see you chastise other
> US posters when they express their opinions of other countries.

No.  Just that a foreigner's opinion carries little or no weight in how
a country operates or governs itself.

> You seem to have a very thin skin for these dabates. And you seem to
> think that this is your toy, for you to play as you wish while the others
> must conform to your rules.

You should read more of Freddy's postings.  He is far from thin skinned.

> >That's about as irrelevant
> >as me telling you how Sweden should be run.
>
> Not at all. What the rest of the world wants is less interference from
> the US.

Great, and the US wants less interference from the rest of world,
primarily Islamic extremists.

> As far I can see, Sweden does not interfere with what happens
> in other places,

Really?  Sweden is a member of NATO and the UN.  Sweden also sent troops
to Afghanistan.  Under your definition, that constitutes interference.
I mean, heck, why would Sweden send troops to Afghanistan if they
weren't even attacked?

> but the US does it all the time with deadly
> consequences, currently in Iraq and Afghanistan.

War is a bloody business.  It is unfortunate.  What alternate solutions
would you propose?

> >Should I be telling everyone on this mailing list that I think Sweden's
> >form of government is ludicrous and that I long ago lost respect for it,
> >and its people, because it basically takes 75% of its citizens earnings
> >as taxes and has created a citizenry that dependent on their government
> >and sucks off the government's teat rather than being responsible for
> >themselves?
>
> You just did and not much happened, did it? That's because any Swedish
> readers won't lose any sleep over the fact that you don't respect them.
> Big deal!

Just like he won't lose sleep over the fact that people don't like what
the US does.

Regards,

-Roberto

--