Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 09:37 -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

> As was already pointed out, if you want the latest and greatest, then
> run with testing or unstable.  I wager that they are easily as stable
> (if not more so) than other popular distros (like FC, for example).

As stated, I've been using Etch (in "testing" mode) for close to a year
now.  Characterizing Etch as having the "latest" is a stretch by any
measure.  It is behind the curve of most of the popular distros'
released versions -- versions that in most cases released in 2006.

My hope is that the next iteration of testing (Lenny, I think?) returns
to what I personally found to be the optimal balance between timeliness
and stablility, up until (and at least for a while after) Etch was
frozen.  That won't happen until Etch is out the door.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions