pvscan in initramfs

Hello everyone,
with the initramfs-tools I copied the executable of pvscan into /sbin of
initrd.img. I also created a boot script within the initramfs to call
pvscan -v. But everything it does is to print this output:
"No program "pvscan" found for your current version of LVM"
After this the volume group is not found and I get a shell in busybox.
When I call pvscan manually I always get the same output.
What I did before:
The system above that I want to boot is not the original one where the
volume group and the logical volume was created. They where created on
the original system whose root directory I copied to another harddisk.
It's the one which I want to boot. The logical volume for the copied
system can only be started with pvscan -v and vgchange -ay on any helper
system.
After digging in howtos it seems to me that the volume group has to be
exported and imported with vgexport and vgimport. But I still wonder why
pvscan within initramfs only gives such output, regardless with which
options it is called.

Regards
Kay