Openssh-server installation in etch

I have done a fresh installation of etch RC2 release, in order
to set up a server for home use one a x86 box which I
constantly try out different distributions.

I have selected a few tasks in addition to default selection
such as file server, etc. during the installation.
The / partition is a fresh start, while /home is reusing
the data partition I always use.
After installation most of things seems to be ok and
etch is up and running.

However I found a little problem. Since it is a server, I
try to connect from another box with SSH and it was
refused. I found out the problem was that the SSH server
was not installed. Only openssh client was installed,
not the server. I have to manually apt-get the openssh server
and install it.

My question is if this is a feature or bug?
I have done numerous installations of different distributions
including sarge and woody. I did not remember once I have
to install ssh server manually after a standard installation,
or my memory betrays me?

Anyway, it is quite inconvenient. There is nowhere a message
telling me to install the openssh-server when encountering such
problem. One could in guess many ways with the refusal for connection,
such as firewall blocking.  And connecting to a server or even
a desktop client with remote login should be a very basic requirement.

Tim Yang