Re: elive

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 10:17:07PM -0400, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> Hi.  Has anyone seen and checked out elive.  Someone told me about it
> today, and it looks pretty good.  It's a distro for low end computers
> using enlightenment, that is completely compatible with Debian.
>
> Their wiki doesn't seem to work, however.  I tried to register, so that
> I could help out and correct some of the grammar, and it gave errors,
> not letting me register.  That aside, the distro looks interesting.
> Kudos to any of the developers who may be reading this.  I'm
> interested, and will try it at some point.
>
> Mark

I remember reading about elive, and in all honesty using normal Debian
would be easier.

I don't see how you can actually have a distro made for older PCs,
especially when it comes to Debian. You're better off just doing a
base install, then installing xorg/xdm/windowmanager and whatever else
you need (i.e. Iceweasel, Gaim, Pcmanfm).