Re: How to run fetchmail as daemon at startup

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 12:05:58PM EST, Ron Johnson wrote:

[..]

> > So the first thing he needs is a friendly ISP.  I don't think
> > cablevision would let me run a server.
>
> Would they even know if he's running imap-ssl?  Especially if it's
> on a non-standard port?

With millions of subscribers all over the Eastern seaboard they would
likely just run some package to detect "suspicious" users of their
systems .. and I would rather not my name/account popped up on some
report or other.

> > Or are there outfits that sell imap server hosting?
>
> fastmail.fm

Yes, but then where the OP is concerned, I think he needs to have his
imap server pull mail from a bunch of other accounts for this to work.
So he'd need a sufficient control over his hosted imap server to run
some fetchmail/getmail process periodically, right?

Does fastmail.fm offer a plan that lets you do that?

Thanks,
cga