Re: apache-mpm-prefork debian perfomance tuning

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 11:06, Siju George wrote:

> > Etch will be released any day now.  You will save yourself much grief if
> > you just start off with Etch than starting with Sarge and trying to
> > upgrade to Etch.  There have been some very major changes.
>
> Which means Security updates for Sarge will stop soon right?
> And I will need to upgrade all the Sarge servers on the net soon :-)

From http://www.us.debian.org/security/faq#lifespan
"The security team tries to support a stable distribution for about one year
after the next stable distribution has been released, except when another
stable distribution is released within this year."

> alright will go for ext2 and ext3 on parttions and put all on LVM
> except / and /boot.
> I did hear lot of Good reports about ext3 on LVM.
> So that would be risk free.
>
> again I usually put ext3 for /boot.
>
> is there a Special reason to put ext2 for /boot?

There's no particular reason to have a journal for a partition as small
as /boot usually is. I hear that the journal itself can be ~30MB.

> Now Comes the major part :-)
>
> What parameters should i tune from the Default "apache2-mpm-prefork"
> on Etch to take care of the Digg effect?
>
> Thankyou so much
>
> kind regards
>
> Siju

Can't wait to see the content. :-)