Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 07:06:41PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 07:04:40PM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> >
> > Waitaminnit!
> >
> > We all know "creation and evolution are processes running under EMACS!"
> >
> Ahh, but something must have been used to design Emacs (it did not
> evolve by itself), and so clearly vi is [the tool of] the intelligent
> designer :-)

I'm sure its out there somewhere, but wouldn't it be cool to see a
family tree of computers and their data entry/code editing methods?
For example, and this is of course entirely fabricated:

Emacs was written using Vi which was written using edlin which was
written on such and such a machine using some other editor which was
originally recompiled for that machine by b;ah-de-blah using the first
cross-compiler on a watchmajig20000 which was originally coded up
using pencil and paper and entered into memory as a series of pokes
and executed by the whose-it kernel originally written by some guy in
19xx using punchcards on a dagnabit using a whopping 8k core memory.

or something like that.