Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 02:32:09PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 01:26:10PM -0500, dave wrote:
> > on Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 08:17:23AM -0500 Kent West wrote:
> >
> > > but it's all
> > > archived if you're really curious.
> > >

> > It started with "Debian, Iceweasel, Firefox!" and has been running for
> > almost 6 months now.  Fascinating.
> >
> I am wondering what some cultural anthropologist will have to asy about
> this in a few centuries' time :-)

Easy:

"Anybody know what these little platters of dusty old ferric oxide
particles are??  anybody?"

"I think they are some sort of religious talisman --"

"NO NO NO! I told you they are a fetish used in certain rituals"

"I think they are a weapon, the hunters hurled them from an
electronically controlled, high-rpm device. They would literally slice
into their prey -- very accurate over long distances -- "

"RUBBISH! These are clearly a symbolic representation of the sun
god!!"

or maybe it will be something more like this:

"Emacs!!"

"Vi!!"