Re: configuring apt.conf

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 06:43:33PM +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> Hi every body
>
> I want to customize the apt.conf, in order to save the cache of the
> packages ( by default) the cache is deleted, but it is not working,
> although I followed the doc
> In fact I created a local repository with in sources.list
> deb file:///home etch/
>
> and I want to put there all the downloaded files, so I copy the files
> from /var/cache/apt/archive  unfortunatly, the downloaded file are not
> stored there.
> It was in previous release!!!!

They *should* be stored in /var/cache/apt/archive.
Try moving apt.conf out of the way, or renaming it so it isn't
sourced/consulted when you run apt. Do they now appear in
/var/cache/apt/archive, if so then you have a misconfigured apt.conf
otherwise the problem is somewhere else.

AHHHH, from man apt-get:

When APT is used as a dselect(8) method, clean is run automatically.
Those who do not use dselect will likely want to run apt-get clean
from time to time to free up disk space.

You are'nt running dselect are you?

If none of this helps then I would reinstall "apt" and "apt-utils"

--
Chris.
======