Re: ext3 fs /var corrupt :(

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 23:00 +0200, Pim Bliek wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need some help. I think I screwed my /var while trying to resize it
> online.. :(
> Nice these new features in ext3... NOT :(
>
> Is there anyone out here that is willing to help on this one? A
> filesystem/ext3 guru? Preferable someone in the Netherlands as well,
> but any help is appreciated.
>
> I cannot give much details here, since I do not understand my current
> situation here either. Thing is, all seemed fine untill I ran fsck on
> it... which removed all data from the partition :(. It is empty...
> although df -h still gives me that 6 GB is used. I cannot umount it
> either anymore. Totally weird situation...
>
> HELP.... I work with Debian for years now.. but never had this crap!

I can tell you this, *YOU* yes YOU can recover from this problem. I did.
It isn't easy, but I did it with Woody.

I know Karsten Self and actually helped refine this:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/examples/debian-package-database-rebuild

But I cannot seem to get the Original Document Nic Petreley wrote. Seems
all of Linuxworld archives are lost.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup