Re: mutt, fetchmail & procmail on Sid

Mauro,

On 2007-03-25T13:34:30+0200, Mauro Sacchetto wrote:
> But if I show ~/mail, i find only debian k3b mutt openoffice.  If I
> receive mail from other sender, for instance a sender not registered
> in .procmailrc, it goes correctly in inbox, created on fly. But I
> don't understand the reason for some mbox are permanently in /mail,
> and other ones (inbox, alice, gmail) are created when it needs...

Please restate that question if this does not help you along.

procmail creates mailboxes on the fly if they are not present.  If none
of your rules matched one of its delivery targets, then it uses $DEFAULT
as your final target.

mailboxes are not deleted by either procmail or mutt.

mutt reads its configuration file upon start-up, perhaps if a mailbox
did not exist when it started it will not check for updates as it
usually does?

/Allan