[Almost solved]Re: pppconfig "command not found"

----- Original Message ----
From: Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 5:07:38 PM
Subject: Re: pppconfig "command not found"

eklektik <joz_mak@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying the issue. I wait till the final version come
> out hoping that it will include the package. In the mean time I take
> up the issue on the developer-testing list or file a bug report as
> you suggested.

ppp *is* included on the xfce disk, but not pppconfig. This will
probably not change on the final version because packages are included
by popularity.

Regards,
Andrei
--
Actually, Andrei was right the cd includes not only the ppp but both packages. When I issued the "aptitude install ppp" command that installed the pppconfig as well. After the installation everything went smoothly. So I am now up and running happily; in the meantime, I would like to thank to everyone who helped me solving this problem. I have one minor glitch left.  I can issue the "pon" command only in root mode. Is there a way of changing that to a simple user mode?

Thanks alot,
Jmak