Re: 4 GB Compact Flash as HD - DMA problems

Hi!
So:

} Some other page shows that actually Ultra2 have DMA:
} http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/speed-cards.html

here there's not my CF :-(( and ooopps!

} So, you might check if your CF is original sandisk:
} http://martybugs.net/articles/fakesandisk.cgi

i fear i have bought a FAKE SanDisk card!!!!!
:-D

Thanks (!!) Atis!

} P.S. I'm just curious where do you get ATA cable for CF format? To my
} knowledge, notebook ATA is not the same as CF (not sure about fullsize
} ATA).

Well, i use a notebook hd adapter to 3.5 IDE cable (you can see a photo here: http://www.xuni.it/images/252ide.jpg), in my mini-itx.
Now i'm using a IDE to CF adapter (easily find in eBay - i'm using something like that also for cheap cf hd in linux thinclient; you can see a photo here: http://www.xuni.it/images/cf2ide.jpg ...you can see in the back the FAKE box of the FAKE cf :-D ).

I don't understand still if the problems is due to the FAKE cf or to something else...

anyway, is not possible that the SanDisk original CF are produced by the same that produce the fake :-) ?

Regards!
Mirco