Re: 2nd try: anybody familiar with php4-curl? - SOLVED

That did it.  Thanks Roberto!

Miles

Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 05:19:11PM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
[Sent this a week or so back - never received a single reply... so, one more try... Thanks... Miles]

Hmm.  I missed it the first time.

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to install a package that requires curl support, and it's installer tells me that curl isn't enabled.

I'm running Debian Sarge, Apache2, PHP-4, and I thought I had installed php4-curl when I did my initial installs (apt-get install php4-curl) tells me that it's up to date.

The documentation on the PHP site tells me that curl requires that PHP be compiled with --with-curl, but phpinfo tells me it wasn't.

Have you tried adding the line 'extension=curl.so' to the php4 config
file: /etc/php4/apache2/php.ini

Generally, when you install a php4-foo package, you need to add the
'extension=foo.so' to the php configuration and then restart apache.

Regards,

-Roberto