Re: How to run fetchmail as daemon at startup

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 10:24:54AM +0100, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> The fetchmail daemon takes almost no memory nor CPU when idling, so
> that's a weak argument for most machines (as long as we're not talking
> about wireless routers etc.).
True.  However, his earlier point about fetchmail's daemon functionality
reinventing cron is quite strong.  If it is not waiting for anything
incoming, there is really not a good reason for it to implement its own
daemon functionality.

Roberto C. Sánchez