Re: how to switch between different network configurations?

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 09:56:13PM +0800, Zhengquan Zhang mailing list wrote:
> I have to switch the network configurations between the lab, the dorm and the
> home ones. Normally I manullay edit /etc/network/interfaces and restart the
> networking.
>
> Is there any easier and smarter way of doing this?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Regards:
> Zhang

Packages:
network-manager-gnome / network-manager-kde

Executables:
nm-applet / kdenetworkmanager

You'll need a system tray to be able to use those programs though, if
you're using Window Maker try wmsystray, GNOME/KDE/Xfce have them by
default and I believe Fluxbox has it as well.