Re: how to switch between different network configurations?

Zhengquan Zhang mailing list wrote:
> Is there any easier and smarter way of doing this?

There should be no need to edit interfaces every time you want to change
network "profiles" - there are lots of tools out there to try, or you
could use something a little simpler, such as native debian networking
initialization tools like logical interfaces or scripted interface mapping:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-gateway.en.html#s-net-reconf

I use mapping for my wireless interface with the "Automatic WLAN Picker
Script" below for roughly a dozen locations and a fallback for any open
AP  - works beautifully:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WiFiHowTo

Kind Regards,
Michael