Re: X problem after upgrade

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Joe Hart wrote:

I don't have the same monitor as you do, but I found that pushing the
button on my monitor that autosets the display will fix that.  Almost
all monitors made in the last few years have such a button.

There is such a button and I think I have tried it with no results.
Don't know if it actually did anything. There is also a button for accessing menu for
manual adjustment, but it didn't work. I guess it's broken. Maybe the auto-adjust one
is also. I'll have to check when I'm
back at that machine.

I was just wondering why would different operating systems require so
different adjustments of the monitor for same resolution, especially when it is an LCD
monitor. Well, maybe I shouldn't care.

 Tommi