Re: bind9 prevents external access

Could this issue also not have something to do with the way in which
my interfaces is setup?

I'm thinking aloud here because I don't really know but in order for
me to be able to setup two nameservers I was assigned a new IP range
which I had to configure in the /etc/network/interfaces file.

My default setup had the following configured in my interfaces:

# Loopback device:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# device: eth0
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 1.2.3.84
broadcast 1.2.3.91
netmask 255.255.255.224
gateway 1.2.3.61

# default route to access subnet:
up route add -net 1.2.3.60 netmask 255.255.255.224 gw 1.2.3.61 eth0

Then, once I had the the new IP address range I appended the following
to the end of the interfaces file:

auto eth0:0
iface eth0:0 inet static
address 4.5.6.104