Re: bind9 prevents external access

On 3/21/07, Jeff D <fixedored@gmail.com> wrote:
so with a clean bind install you still are not able to do lookups?

Correct. Clean install

what does  host google.com 127.0.0.1 give you?

$ host google.com 127.0.0.1

$ nslookup
google.com 127.0.0.1
127.0.0.1
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53
1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa  name = localhost.

Here's a lookup of one of my domains hosted on the server itself:

$ host foo.com
foo.com has address 1.2.3.4
foo.com mail is handled by 10 mail.foo.com.

$ nslookup
foo.com
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53
Name:   foo.com
Address: 1.2.3.4

My bind is working great for serving information regarding my
nameservers, mx, and A records to the outside world and doing a
checkup on dnsreport.com I've been able to see that from the outside
world all is what it should be - it's just internally on the dns
server itself that I can't do any lookups.
--
Regards
Justin Hartman