Re: "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock

Michael Pobega wrote:
> Anything you can do on Ubuntu you can do on Debian, but the truth is
> that Debian provides much more functionality, stability, and ease of
> use than Ubuntu

    Er, wha?  You just had several people tell you that things are easier on
Ubuntu out of the box and you've the gall to retort with Debian is easier to
use?  Sorry, I've been around Debian going on about 10 years and I'm not about
to say that Debian's easier to use compared to Ubuntu.

> (Editing config files one time takes less time than
> troubleshooting the problems Ubuntu throws at you in my opinion), as
> well as much larger repositories (Which, next to the stability and the
> social contract, is my favorite thing about Debian).

    What problems?  And editing config files one time?  I only wish.
Sometimes editing a config file makes a whole lot of sense.  Other times it
makes no sense.