Re: Browser identification to websites

Ken Heard wrote:
Not only was I able to to have full access to the site from Konqueror but not Iceweasel, but it also accepted my user id and password and gave me access to all the personal information thereon. Although the plan is a Canadian plan, I was able to access the site from Thailand, where I now am. The server hosting the site may not be in Canada, however.

When I am back in Canada I will have to investigate further with the insurance company.

                Ken Heard

Could it be that your Iceweasel is identifying itself as Iceweasel instead of Firefox ? From Joe's observations its safe to assume that site is using browser identification in its scripts so its probably looking only for IE and Netscape/Fiefox identifiers and all others getting the 'Access Denied' page.

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.