Re: ..voice recognition, was: To be M$ free....

On 19.03.07 21:54, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> ..try play with these searches in your CLI:
> arnt@a45:~/Independent-Reformer $ apt-cache search recogni |wc -l
> 123
> arnt@a45:~/Independent-Reformer $ apt-cache search voice |wc -l
> 107

> arnt@a45:~/Independent-Reformer $ apt-cache search voice |apt-cache
> search recogni |wc -l 123

wrong. this does the same than the first. apt-cache does not work with
stdin. Just use two words as two arguments:

apt-cache search voice recogni | wc -l
2

> arnt@a45:~/Independent-Reformer $ apt-cache search speech |wc -l
> 90
> arnt@a45:~/Independent-Reformer $ apt-cache search "speech \
> recogni" |wc -l
> 4
> arnt@a45:~/Independent-Reformer $ apt-cache --full search \
> "speech recogni" |less

apt-cache search speech recogni | wc -l
9

Linux IS user friendly, it's just selective who its friends are...