Re: Favorite Email/Calender/PIM and Why

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 21:22 -0400, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> Matthew K Poer wrote:
>
> > Kontact (Kmail/Kalendar/aKregator/K Address Book)
>
> I use korganizer, kmail, knode, kontact etc., to read mailing lists,
> newsgroups. Basically whatever KDE throws at me. I am quite satisfied with
> it. However not all your friends/colleagues might use KDE or Linux. So if
> you want to organize/coordinate meetings with these people consider
> something like calendar.google.com .
>
> For address book, personal mail, I like using google's gmail.
>
> YMMV
> raju
>
> --
> Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
> http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/
> http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Well, clearly from my email address, I do use Gmail. I like evolution
better than any web mail though, even gmail. For whatever reason, I just
like desktop apps better than web apps. I think the javascripts needed
to make a web app functional just turn me off.

Anyway, I'm playing with Mozilla's Sunbird, from mozilla.com, not the
experimental package. It looks promising. Are there
advantages/disadvantages from Sunbird to the Lightning extension for
SeaMonkey(IceApe)/Thunderbird(IceDove)?
--
Matthew K Poer