Re: Etch Installer RC1 and RC2 hang "Retrieving file 82 of 82"

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 03:11:45PM -0700, Erik Cummings wrote:
> Sorry if this is the wrong place...I have SOME indication that I
> should be posting this to debian-testing, but I've read a couple
> conflicting posts.
>
> Trying to install Debian Etch with Installer RC1 or RC2 daily builds
> (last Wed and today!) hangs after retrieving files.

> Any help is appreciated - including sending me to the right list if
> appropriate.

The correct (I think, at least IMHO), way is that suggested by the
installation manual.

1.	Attempt an installation using a daily build (you did this).

2.	Whether or not successful, submit an installation report.  Its
	a special-format bug report.  The format is at the end of the
	installation manual.

3.	Personally, I'd subscribe to debian-boot (the 'maintainers' of
	the installation system and the recipients of the bug report).
	I'm sure that with RC2 just released, they would be very
	interested in your problems.

Good luck.

Doug.