Etch Installer RC1 and RC2 hang "Retrieving file 82 of 82"

Sorry if this is the wrong place...I have SOME indication that I should be posting this to debian-testing, but I've read a couple conflicting posts.

Trying to install Debian Etch with Installer RC1 or RC2 daily builds (last Wed and today!) hangs after retrieving files.

Using netinst iso...

I've installed successfully on 1 of these bits of hardware (I have 5 Dell 1955 blade servers) and on an older Dell 1650 without any issues.

The last log entry in /var/log/syslog is about retrieving the whois package.

System is not locked, I am able to use other vttys, just never proceeds.  If I deselect the "standard" task and then run aptitude after the reboot, it downloads 70 or so packages and installs them, and then system SEEMS to be running fine - however, I'm good enough with Linux to be concerned about what installer is doing during the tasksel, that I'm worried...

Also, I have seen a couple references to using tasksel from the command line but generally don't see the standard task to select in aptitude.

Any help is appreciated - including sending me to the right list if appropriate.

Erik