Re: Very slow network - Ubuntu

On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 15:31 -0400, A. Ben Hmeda wrote:
> I have searched ubuntu forums to no avail. My network connection has
> slowed down considerably since I installed Ubuntu Dapper (6.06.1 LTS) I
> have disabled ipv6 in /etc/aliases and Firefox, still slow by about 50%.
>
> My machine AMDSMP is dual boot w2k/ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS (2xAthlon 2000+ 512
> RAM), network is at full speed with win2k and Fedora Core 5 (now
> deleted) on this machine.
>
> I have another Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS machine SERVER (2xP3-500 256RAM) and a
> Win2k KIDPC (P3-866 512RAM) on the same home network that do not have
> this problem with the network slowdowns.
>
> My benchmark is http://www.testmy.net/ website. Every machine on the
> network has been tested separately, while other machines were turned off.

First off, why the heck are you using 6.06.1?

Stop being a fuddy. Upgrade to Edgy and the newer kernel and init
system.

Then come back here.

Until you at least become current on you workstation, stop asking
questions.

I don't really care to support an OLD version of a Debian derivative,
that isn't really Debian in the first place. Do us THAT before we
continue.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup