Re: Very slow network - Ubuntu

Thilo Six wrote:
Douglas Allan Tutty wrote the following on 18.03.2007 20:24:

Ben,
I've been following this thread but not commenting since I don't do
gnome.

Do I understand correctly that you boot stright to gnome, start a
download and get poor network components but if you do a gnome network
setup thingy it improves?  I'm also not clear if it improves if you do
/etc/initd./networking restart?

I would be curious to eliminate gnome as a problem.

<snip>

hmm wait
may it be network manager?

What when you stop it Ben?

sudo /etc/dbus-1/event.d/26NetworkManagerDispatcher stop
sudo /etc/dbus-1/event.d/25NetworkManager stop

Doug.

bye Thilo
sudo: /etc/dbus-1/event.d/26NetworkManagerDispatcher: command not found
sudo: /etc/dbus-1/event.d/25NetworkManager: command not found