TTY, ^H works but not ^K

Hi,

My TTY sometimes gets into a strange stage that ^K, kill-line (C-k), won't
work, but ^H can remove chars normally. Also not working are,
backward-kill-line (C-x Rubout), backward-kill-word (M-Rubout), etc. The
kill-word (M-d) works normally.

By "no work" I mean there is no visual sign of it is working, e.g., when
M-Rubout is pressed, I just see the cursor jumps back a word, but the word
is still there, although it is deleted actually.

Is there any way to get my TTY (actually an xterm session) straight again?

thanks

PS. It's very hard to google for the answer, e.g.,
http://www.google.com/linux?q=erase+stty+bs+wipe+not&restrict=linux

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sf.net/techdocs/