Re: Check for USB connections

Matthew K Poer wrote:
On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 12:55 -0300, Alejandro wrote:
Dear all, I have Debian Etch connected to a HP printer through an USB port but it is not recognized. A pair of months ago the printer worked perfectly, and I could see it using "lsusb" command. After that I disconnect the printer and now I connect it again to my Debian, but "lsusb" command doesn't show anything about USB connections.

The output fromn "lshw" command is this:

*-usb:0
            product: VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller
            vendor: VIA Technologies, Inc.
            physical id: 7.2
            bus info: pci@00:07.2
            version: 16
            width: 32 bits
            clock: 33MHz
            capabilities: uhci bus_master cap_list
            configuration: driver=uhci_hcd latency=32
            resources: ioport:c400-c41f irq:3
       *-usb:1
            product: VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller
            vendor: VIA Technologies, Inc.
            physical id: 7.3
            bus info: pci@00:07.3
            version: 16
            width: 32 bits
            clock: 33MHz
            capabilities: uhci bus_master cap_list
            configuration: driver=uhci_hcd latency=32
            resources: ioport:c800-c81f irq:3

How can I check where is my problem ???

Really thanks

alejandro.-

Try a differant USB port? Perhaps the one you are using is broken.
Both USB ports don't respond....I have installed "udev" and not "hotplug"....is this correct in Debian Etch in order to recognize USB devices ???

Really thanks

Regards.